Photo

Photo
Eat. Sleep. Read. Fangirl.

June 21, 2014

the fault in our stars movie review



So I saw the movie last week but didn't have the time to write it so I'm gonna do a quick review because I just need to talk about it. Okay? Okay.

It. Was. Amazing. The movie stayed so true to the book. Every scene was perfect! And yes I did cry T_T. And literally everyone was crying. I heard sniffles and it was just beautiful how we were all just crying together. My friend was prepared and got tissues for us.

Anyway, Ansel Elgort was perfect for Augustus and no one would have said Gus's lines perfectly. And Shailene just nailed her part. The way they portray Isaac in the movie was hilarious though. The trophy smashing scene got me laughing, however in the book, I don't think it's supposed to be funny.

The most heartbreaking scenes that got my eyes wet were the gas station scene, Gus's eulogy, and when Hazel got the call. It just broke me when Hazel found out and cried. I was in tears at this point.

Overall, this movie was a 10/10. Perfection. The ending just had me clinging on to the seat cause I just don't want it to be over. All I can say is this book and movie changed me. It is so inspirational and I got to feel what cancer patients go through. It has opened my eyes to appreciate the life I have.



"Without pain, how could we know joy?"

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities."

"The marks humans leave are too often scars."

"Some tourists think Amsterdam is a city of sin, but in truth it is a city of freedom. And in freedom, most people find sin."

"Maybe 'okay' will be our 'always'."

4 comments:

  1. *fangirls* I enjoyed the movie so much. Some parts weren't there but overall it was an excellent book-to-movie adaptation! Glad you got to watch already. :) xx
    I joined your blog. I think it's great. :D Hope you can check mine out too and follow back. I'd love to make a new friend and hear from you soon.


    Sammie
    sammiethestargirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It was so good. And thank you so so much for joining me blog! :)
      I'll check out your blog too!

      Delete
  2. Ohmygoodness I cannot wait to watch this. I am fangirling over so bad...and...and...I hear, from you, and others, that the movie is wonderful.
    Beautiful post.
    One of my favorite things about that book are the quotes...
    love it. ♥♥♥
    Great review.
    Tane ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Asdfghjkl; this movie is perfection!! You will not leave the movies without crying! <3

      Delete